Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rigby Nation


Daniel Rigby was a friend and fellow classmate at Georgetown. In the Fall of our senior year, Dan passed away in a tragic house fire. He lived in an off campus house that was not up to fire code. Dan was one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. When I think about what our purpose is on this earth, I believe that it is simply to love and be loved. Even though Dan's time here was shorter than most, he knew better than anyone how to spread that love. When I think about Dan I am reminded that life is short and you should always take the time to let your loved ones know how much they mean to you.



Every year the Friends of Rigby Foundation hosts several events in memory of Dan. The events help the foundation to raise money for scholarships in Dan's name and to improve fire safety for students. They are also a great way for all of us to get together and remember the great times we have had with Dan and one another.

In honor of Dan, I decided to enter this years t-shirt design contest for the 6th Annual Run for Rigby. This event takes place every April in DC and is a very fun reunion event. Below is the t-shirt I designed. Fingers crossed they like it! :)





If you would like to make a donation in honor of Dan and to promote fire safety, you can do so at FriendsOfRigby.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment